Most of us believe we are safe drivers. But you can be involved in a traffic accident whether it is a minor fender bender or a serious accident. Then what? To help you through this situation, we have prepared the following information:
- Stop at Once. Report the accident to the police and call medical assistance if needed.
- Orland Park Police Department: (708) 349-4111
- Rescue Squad: 911
- Cook County Sherriff: (708)865-4700
- For all emergencies call 911
- Obtains the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any injured persons, the owners of any damaged property and witnesses.
- If another vehicle is involved in the accident, obtain the names, addresses and telephone numbers of the driver and owner of the vehicle. Also obtain the make, model, license number and insurance company of the vehicle(s).
- Do not accept fault for the accident. Only discuss the facts of the accident with the police or a representative of your insurance company.
- Report the accident to us as soon as possible. (708-349-2000) Fender benders can usually wait for our normal business hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm weekdays. SERIOUS ACCIDENTS DURING NON BUSINESS HOURS THE FOLLOWING COMPANIES REQUEST YOU CALL THEIR 24 HOUR SERVICE NUMBER:
- Auto-Owners Insurance: 888-252-4626
- Grange Insurance Companies: 1-800-445-3030
- Metropolitian Insurance: 1-800-854-6011
- Travelers Companies: 1-800-252-4633
- Progressive Companies: 1-800-274-4499
All other companies, in the event of an emergency, please call us at home. (print this information and place in each glove compartment)